Sunday 2 November 2008

Some more Pokemon for me

Last summer Ana and me bought the new pair of Pokemon games, Diamond and Pearl. My copy arrived as stated, but hers got lost somewhere on the road across the big pond. After some emailing back and forth the shop sent us another copy which arrived in due time. Soon afterwards the first copy aarived too. We sold the extra one and gave the money to the shop.
I played my version, Diamond, for the whole summer, filling my pokedex (at least the "seen" part) to about 3/4. I also did some wifi trading.
Then my wireless router and isp modem decided they don't like each other anymore and the modem refused to give internet to the router (later I found out it was actually the isp's fault). In other words, no more wifi for me. It was also somewhere around that point that I stopped playing Diamond. This was around the end of last year's summer.
A week ago I had a sudden idea. The router and modem still didn't like each other, but both talked to the PC. So I thought that if I would connect the modem to the computer and the computer to the router, I might get the internet connection up to the router. The only problem was that I needed two lan ports in the PC. Luckilly I had a spare lan port PCI card. Turned off the PC, unscrewed it, inserted the PCI card, connected the modem, turned on the PC and... nothing. I tried messing around with the cables and some configurations, but all to no avail. Lastly, I tried the wizard for setting up a home network. I told him that the computer was connecting directly to the internet and other computers would use this one to connect. Abrakadabra, hokus pokus, the wizard did it! I had wifi again!
First I downloaded additional puzzles for Layton. I wanted to try IoH's wifi, but was still in a mine. Then I went to my pokemon forum and saw someone who wanted to make a trade. An Eevee. I checked, had one and told him I'd trade with him.
So, that's what got me into pokemoning again. I checked my pokedex and I have a few more than 100 left for the "seen" part. Something like 180 for the "obtained". I already did some breeding to get 5 more (and an Eevee to trade). I also got one for the "obtained" list from the GTS. After close inspection I miss the most "seen" from the third generation. I guess I'll have to play some Sapphire too and migrate them.
If there's anyone reading this and someone with DPPt who'd like to trade, let me know ;)

No comments: