Tuesday 4 November 2008

I wish upon a star

I think that most gamers, in the pursue of that perfect game and gaming experience, find themselves wishing certain games were different, bigger, better. I am no exception. Here's some of my wishes.

Pokemon: I wish for a remake of the 2nd generation for the DS. Not only were those game great and big (16 badges, remember?), but it would also mean that Kanto would be featured in every generation of the games. I would especially like a remake of Crystal, as in my opinion, that's one of the best Pokemon games of all times.
I also wish for a game that would incorporate all 4 worlds of the main series (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh). The question here is how to make the games challenging and entertaining, as one has quite a high level after finishing one region. There are various solutions to this, but I'll leave it to the developers (if they'll ever pick up this project).

Harvest Moon: I wish that after marriage it would be possible to choose to play as either of the married couple. Tired of your boy charachter? Then work as your wife! I see the problem for marriageable characters who have a jon to do, for example Trent, the only doctor in Mineral Town. For cases like this I suggest having two characters doing the same job (in Trent's case, Dr Hardy?) and after marriage with Trent, Hardy would complain that since Trent quit his job he has much more work to do. Another addition here would be the requirement of having the other one at a high friendship, or else (s)he won't ket the bachelor(ette) quit the job and get married. And one more aspect (this is the last one): when playing as the spouse, you could resume your previous job for an hour, two, three..., lose some stamina and get paid for this. It would be also cool to play as your child (maybe at the teenage stage) and get a girlfriend/boyfriend (rivals' children).

Rune Factory: (I married Melody in my game. She is a sweet girl with a thing for witches. She also wears a pointed hat.) I wish that after marrying Melody it would be possible to give her the "join me" command, the same as with animals. She would then join the player in dungeons and use spells. That would be so cool!


Wishful thinking? Yes, I know. But I'm allowed to dream, aren't I? :)

No comments: