Friday 28 November 2008

School rant + No more exams

This is sort of a continuation to this blog entry.

So, I was at school in Ljubljana yesterday (Thursday) for my last exam. But although the exam was scheduled only at 4 o'clock pm, I was there already at 11 o'clock am, because I needed signatures from my teachers in a small student booklet to show that I've passed their exam. The thing is, I have all my grades on-line and that's stronger proof than some writing on some paper. And what's more, the generation after me doesn't even need to get the student booklet filled, the on-line grades are enough!
Before leaving I had to find 7 teacher.
I made an appointment with one of them but she emailed me the day before that she won't be able to make it on Thursday.
One was supposed to be giving a lesson to the 4th years, but at school I found out they have their practical work now, so they are without lessons. And no teacher.
Another one was supposed to be teaching that day, again the 4th's, so he wasn't there for the lecture, but he should've been there for his "meeting hours" (when he's supposed to be at school to meet student - too lazy now to find a better word). Nope, he wasn't there. No notes. Just a locked door.
And the last teacher had a note on her door stating that she won't be able to have "meeting hours" that day.
The only consolation is that I met a teacher I hadn't planned.
At the end of the day I still have to find 6 teachers.

I really didn't mean to be writing all of this at first, so I changed the title of the post a bit, added something :D

Anyway, to the happy part.
Me and a schoolmate had our presentation on the topic "how do Slovenian centres for social work e-communicate". I'm the kind of guy who gets stage fright quite easily, so as the exam hour drew nearer, I was getting worse. I played some Harvest Moon to keep relaxed when there was still a lot of time left, but when my classmate arrived to rehearse one last time I was concentrating on trying to relax. Anyway, in the end it turned out there were just 5 of us doing the exam, which helped a bit, since I wouldn't have a big croud. Plus one of the was also a schoolmate, which also helped as I prefer known faces. Still, my palms were sweaty, even though it wasn't hot and I tried wiping them. Yeah, I know, probably not the right assets for a minister candidate... But I digress. The slides were well made content-wise, I think. And they looked perfect, all thanks to Ana, because she helped with the background. Kristjan, my so-presenter, did a good job with his part, he added nice things in the presentation. I think my part went well as well. I was trying to speak slowly and clearly.
But we got only a 9... :P As I said in an earlier post, I needed at least a 9 and I got it. My overall grade is now 8 and I can get into postgraduation programs... after I graduate. Which, well, is getting closer. But that's a different story. For now I'll enjoy the feeling that there's no more exams (at least in pregraduation). But tomorrow I have to go to Ljubljana again, to find 2 professors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 9. :)

Synth said...

Thanks :)