Friday 24 October 2008

Not everything is dark :)

If one were to judge by my previous posts, one would think things are pretty low. But worry now!, as there have been also many nice things :)

For starters, last week I got a new dancepad and turned on Stepmania after a long break. My old dancepad is actually still functional, but it's a PSX one. At first I had an adapter that worked well for the serial port, but after changing computers I didn't have a serial port anymore. I bought a psx-usb adapter, but it wasn't compatible with dancepads. The new dancepad connects directly to usb, so no problems there :) Plus it's a really great one ^_^

Then I downloaded Ultrastar, a PC clone of Singstar, and a bunch of songs. Singing is fun :D Imagine a game, where you would have to dance (ddr) plus sing (singstar). And for the hands maybe Guitar Hero XD

I also did school stuff :D I finished writing my report about the use of web in social work centres in Slovenia. Well, I'll still write some more and edit it so it'll look very fancy, but it's done. Now I'm working on my thesis again.

In HM:IoH I finally managed to get three wonderfuls and equipped them to my hoe. Now I can make trips to the bottom of the mine with no stamina consumption (except for what I spend hammering). And with two oranges and a green on my hammer I'm looking into lots of money XD

I tried HM: Shining Sun and Friends (a rom, not the proper game). Because I don't know Japanese all I did was try the gameplay and see the graphics. I must say that I love how they made it possible to move with the directional pad and kept the same tools usage system. I also like the new shiiping bin, where you tap on the bin and a new screen shows where you drag stuff in the bin. Very time saving. Later I also read that getting wonderfuls and determinating the colour is much more complicated.

I found an ebay seller who sells what seem authentic HM for gba copies, both versions! At first she wouldn't ship to Europe, but after my big plea she decided to do so. I'm really so glad about that :)

And today a professor emailed me back and said she would be my thesis mentor. I'll go see her on Tuesday so we can start the serious work.

No comments: