Thursday 30 October 2008

The bootlegger doesn't rest

The bootlegger from the previous post obviously doesn't think we are done. Here's what happened:
Even before I received the package I got an email from him telling me that the game will arrive and asked me not to open a dispute on paypal.
After I got the game and wrote him that it was a bootleg, he gave me a refund and replied that the game isn't fake, simply "China version". Of course I couldn't keep quiet so I asked him if that meant that China version equals pirate copy. And asked him why then the game and manual aren't in Chinese and why the "instruction" are taken from a review of an other game. So far he hasn't replied.
Later I sent a message to various people who bought from him (so far to ten) and got three replies that they also got bootlegs. I know that one of them got a refund as well but also a request to ship the item back (he never asked me to do that). I told this buyer that if he wants to ship back that he should ask for the shipping fees as it's not his fault for receiving a fake. We'll see how this goes.
And then the seller turned his eyes on me. He filed an ebay complaint that I haven't yet paid for the item. I replied saying that I have paid, received a bootleg and got a refund. Well, he wasn't happy with the answer so decided to escalate the claim in an "unpaid item strike". Of course I appealed to ebay about this and explained the situation again. But if it's war he wants, he'll get it. I sent a detailed email to Nintendo of America's anti-piracy department. And I reported him for selling bootleg games to paypal. Why paypal? Because I got the feeling that he doesn't want things to go to paypal. Hence the email before receing the package and afst refund. If he won't calm down I guess the next step is the police.
I'll keep you posted ;)

No comments: